A very small percentage of cards are not compatible with PayPal's technology, so you will need to check out using a Guest account at the checkout or select an alternative form of payment. We spoke to PayPal about why certain cards might not be accepted and these are some of the reasons why:
- Your card is associated with a specific PayPal account, and you're not logging in with that particular account.
- Your card was associated with a PayPal account that has since been closed.
- You've linked the card to a PayPal account, but have not yet confirmed it.
- You've exceeded your card limit with the PayPal system.
- Your email address is raising a red flag in PayPal's system.
- Your browser is not accepting cookies. You should clear any existing cookies and try again.
We recommend clearing cookies then changing either your e-mail or credit card, or alternatively, if you have a PayPal account you will be required to sign into it to complete the transaction.